Software Development Tools and Services
RTPatch® is binary diff patch technology and the foundation of a group of software development tools and services that enable embedded engineers and enterprise software developers to efficiently update their binary code (software) and data, with only the changes. RTPatch binary patch files consistently reduce bandwidth requirements for updates by over 90%, using patented byte-level differencing algorithms.
- RTPatch for Embedded Systems is a specialized version of RTPatch with reduced code footprint and minimal memory requirements. Licenses are provided with complete source code for the embedded module, and is pre-ported for commonly used commercial off-the-shelf embedded OS'es such as Android, Linux, VxWorks, Windows Embedded, etc. Further, with the reduced footprint port, RTPatch can be used on virtually any OS that supports C compilation, including non-POSIX environments, those lacking a filesystem, etc.
- RTPatch for Desktop/Server Systems supports all major operating systems from Microsoft dating back to DOS and up to Windows 8 (including RT), Linux, Unix and OS X (Leopard+). First released in 1991 and supporting DOS, RTPatch for Desktop/Server Systems is now the gold standard for software and data updates and upgrades, with over a million RTPatch binary patch files applied daily.
- RTPatch for Mobile Systems supports Android, iOS and Windows RT (Arm) based tablets and smartphones, enabling mobile software developers to efficiently update software and data with only the byte-level changes.
- Update Direct for Android, enables developers who have chosen to take advantage of Google's open distribution policy to embed self-updating capabilities directly into their privately distributed, off-market Android apps.
Postulate5® When RTPatch's binary diff algorithm executed more slowly on an 8 physical core machine than on a single core machine, we created Postulate5 to successfully increase the binary diff engine speed by a factor of 4-7x. Current tests on a 16 physical core machine increases speed by 5-15x. The Postulate5 multicore library is now available as a standalone software tool for use in Windows x86 based applications.
- Open Source Code Release - Pocket Soft Releases Code to Interface with Google Cloud Blobstore as Open Source
- Google App Engine Support - Update Direct Enables Android App Updates from Google Cloud
- Smartphones and Tablets - RTPatch supports updates to smartphones and tablets running Android, iOS and Windows RT (ARM based).
- RTPatch for Android enables Android developers to update their data as well as installations (APK's) with only the changes, reducing update size by 90-99%.
- Update Direct for Android - add self-updating capability to your privately distributed Android apps.
- Clarion Selects RTPatch for its "Smart Access" Cloud-based telematics service for in-car use.
- RTPatch for Mac OS X provides authorized, native Mac binaries for the creation and application of patch files on Mac OS X, including Mountain Lion.
- RTPatch version 12.00 adds over a dozen new features, including the ability to target old versions of the RTPatch Apply engine.
- RTPatch Embedded supports Android, Embedded Linux, iOS, VxWorks, Windows Embedded, Windows RT, and other embedded operating systems (ANSI C compiler required)